There is nothing in life worth pursuing more, yet the very thing that is worthy of my time and attention, often gets put on the back burner…especially in December. After all, there are trees to put up, lights to string, cookies to bake and gifts to buy. The glitter of December doesn’t come with extra time to do it all, it comes packaged on top of the routine things like, working, cooking, cleaning, daily responsibilities of the ordinary. But somehow, even though time doesn’t stand still or stretch, we somehow get it all done. We might end up exhausted come December 26th, but girl, we get it done.
Or do we?
Are we running and racing through the month with calendars booked and hearts stretched? Honestly as I look at my December calendar I think….CRAZY! Being it’s just December 2nd, I can stop the insanity before it starts. This year I am living December with intentional focus. I am determined to make sure the most important decorating isn’t overlooked. The decorating of my soul.
- My heart. It needs the daily decorating of grace, love and peace.
- My head. It needs focus on the positive and beautiful, one day at a time.
- My attitude. It needs to be turned upward rather than spiraling stressed and selfish.
- My actions. They need to reflect the truth, everyone is busy this time of year, not just me. My actions can make or break a day and encourage or discourage the people around me.
My word for the month is CELEBRATE! I don’t usually get a word for the month, like I get a word for the year, but this time I did. As I poured coffee on December 1st into a Christmas mug that said CELEBRATE on it, I knew, for sure, that CELEBRATE I must, each hour, each day…all month.
After all there is much to celebrate. God is with me. God is with you. That is the crux of the Christmas story. God sent a Son into our world for the purpose of redeeming the lives of people. That Son, also known as Immanuel–which means God with us. Matthew 1:23
Count the way that God is with you today. Here’s mine:
- I am over a year cancer free and made it through that storm
- He has been with me my whole life, and the older I get the more real this becomes to me
- I continue to experience healing from hurts, God is with me.
- It’s raining today in California, after a drought. God provides in his time.
- New babies are being born in our family, the miracle of life.
- 44 lbs down, grace enabled, never been able to do it before, God has been with me.
- A few friends have stuck by me through a very hard season, their friendship, God’s provision
- I live in a house, with a heater, carpet, food in the refrigerator…God takes care of me
- I could go on and on…..now its your turn.
Celebrating One Day at a Time,
P.S. I have put together a little booklet to guide you in focus this month. Each day is one simple page, with a Scripture, and space for you to record 5 things that you can be grateful for. Click the link at the side here and you can download it and begin today, right where you are. Much love to you!